Guildford City is one of the leading competitive swimming clubs in the South East of England. We have been Surrey County champions for 14 consecutive years as well as remaining National Arena League South champions for 12 consecutive years. We have an extraordinary team of over 60 highly qualified coaches and teachers who deliver our unique training programme all the way through learn to swim to international swimmers including Olympians and Paralympians.
Due to lead coach Josh Williamson accepting a position with the University of Stirling to start in the New Year we now have an opportunity to reorganize our top squad, National Youth and Senior Squad (NAYSS) and can offer the following position to the right candidate:
We require a level 3 UKCC (or equivalent) coach to head our High Performance Squads (HPS) and to lead the coaching of our top squad, (NAYSS). HPS prepare swimmers for County, Regional, National and International competitions. We currently have 120 swimmers in the HPS which is run by 8+ coaches and assistants. NAYSS is made up of swimmers aged 15+ years old all of whom have reached the minimum standard of a Swim England National Summer qualifying time. HPS swim at the state of the art 50m pool at Surrey Sports Park which is part of the University of Surrey.
The ideal candidate will need to be a strong team leader and player and be able to demonstrate their ability to deliver a world class training programme.
The Head Coach will:
- Develop an Annual Training Plan for HPS & NAYSS within the Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) framework in consultation with HPS Lead Coaches which will be challenging for the swimmers
- Lead and manage the coaching and competitions of the HPS
- Lead the coaching of NAYSS so its members realise their full swimming potential
- Manage relationships with swimmers and parents from NAYSS in consultation with Chief Coach so they understand what is expected of them
- Ensure NAYSS remains a viable part of Guildford City Swimming Club, meeting agreed targets
- Manage the coaching & competitions of the University of Surrey Swim Squad in consultation with Chief Coach
- Lead the sports science for HPS
Job descriptions/content/titles may change depending on the skills and experience of applicants and also from time to time in order to meet the changing needs of the Club
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th December 2017. Interviews Monday 18 December 2017 at Surrey Sports Park.
For more information or to apply send your CV to Janette Smith HR Manager (email@example.com) with a covering email explaining your reasons for applying for the vacancy and what you can bring to the post.