We are looking for an experienced teacher/coach who has proven leadership qualities and administration skills to become the Lead Manager of our Academy satellite pools
The successful candidate must be a qualified L2 swimming teacher and have proven swimming coach experience or coaching qualifications. They must/will
- be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- be able to work without supervision;
- have a working knowledge of both Excel and Word;
- be responsible for running sessions and leading the coaching at 4 satellite school pools, based in Cranmore, St Catherine’s, Notre Dame and Guildford High;
- coach at the main Academy based at Spectrum Leisure Centre at least once a week working alongside senior coaches to ensure continued parity with the Academy Satellites (and for their own continued development);
- ensure that all teaching and coaching follows the Guildford City ethos;
- Work with Marketing Manager to increase satellite membership;
- Report to the Head of the Academy.
You will be part of a professional coaching team that holds regular meetings in order to discuss and forge new ideas. We have an extraordinary team of over 90 highly qualified coaches and teachers who deliver our unique training programme from learn to swim, through to international swimmers including Olympians and Paralympians.
The position will start from 1 November 2020 and will include the poolside hours shown below. Satellites normally run for 10 weeks each term. The Manager will be expected to be at the pools at least 30 minutes before sessions and will be expected to remain after sessions to meet staff/members. The position will also include off-poolside administration, management and meetings.
Monday – Cranmore: 18.30 – 20.30
Tuesday – Guildford High: 18.30 – 20.30
Wednesday – Notre Dame: 18.00 – 20.00
Sunday – St Catherine’s: 09.00 – 12 noon
Spectrum Academy coaching session day and time to be agreed.
If pool sessions are unable to run the Satellite Lead may be required to work at another pool
To join our highly successful club and motivated coaching team.
Please submit your CV to:
Janette Smith, Human Resources at
Closing date for applications: Saturday 10 October 2020
Interviews will be by Zoom.
Salary package will depend on qualifications and experience.