Anita Bean BSc R Nutr is a registered nutritionist and health writer, specialising in sports nutrition. She has written more than 20 books on nutrition and fitness, including The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition and Sports Nutrition for Young Athletes. Winner of three major achievement awards in sports nutrition, she writes for Good Housekeeping and broadcasts regularly on TV and radio. Anita has a daughter in Guildford City’s National Youth and Senior Squad.
Anita delivers information sessions to High Performance throughout the term – see swimmer’s diary.
We hope to be able to arrange further talks for other squads at a later date.
For those of you who are unlucky enough not to be able to attend the talks Anita has supplied the papers below:
Food For Fitness (4th edition)
A sports nutrition guide and recipe book rolled into one, Food for Fitness dispels popular myths and gives you the tools you need to reach your maximum performance.
Food for Fitness is the ultimate resource for anyone who is serious about sport or fitness. Now in its fourth edition, this bestselling book has been updated to include the very latest nutrition research for exercise and performance, and is packed with easy, delicious and nutritious recipes, snacks and helpful new menu plans.
• Find out what to eat and drink to stay fuelled and hydrated.
• Debunk the myths and evaluate the usefulness of sports supplements.
• Learn the best times to eat to prepare for exercise, and what to eat to maximise recovery after exercising.
• Discover specific strategies to aid fat loss and prioritise muscle gain
• Includes tailored menu plans adapted to each sport – whether it be running, swimming, cycling, triathlon, team or racquet sports
• Get the performance edge and learn how to eat to win during competitions.
Along with trustworthy advice and up to the minute research, clearly explained and tailored to your needs, Food for Fitness contains an essential recipe section filled with sixty-five easy to follow meal ideas to help you put the advice into practice.
Anita’s Website is: http://www.anitabean.co.uk, where you will also be able to find further details about her books.